Minimum of 2-3 years
Email Resume to: HR@IESengineering.net
Read, analyze and interpret project documents, instructions, specifications and other data to obtain
a clear understanding of requirements for projects within the semiconductor, pharmaceutical,
biotech, food, and related industries. Performs engineering load calculations, equipment selection and design of electrical power systems. Design and specify electrical components, instrumentation and
equipment. Develop basis of design, complete equipment data sheets, write equipment/construction specifications and sequence of operations for electrical and process
systems. Coordinate design and support Senior Electrical Engineering PE and ensure continuity of
design with other disciplines working within IES’ multidisciplinary team. Depending on experience and interest, Associate Engineer may also provide electrical engineering for low voltage systems including equipment selection and design of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based controls for fire alarm, gas monitoring, chemical distribution, and waste collection systems.
Associate Engineer may also assist in startup and commissioning of such systems.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- B.S degree in Electrical Engineering
- United States citizen or Permanent Resident with authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work effectively on multiple projects with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers in order to support industrial facility design efforts.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within subject field.
- Perform duties using sound judgment and solid engineering principles.
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to
effectively communicate with clients, contractors, vendors, and colleagues.
- Possess strong computer skills utilizing MS Office Word, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and proficient with AutoCAD. Experience with Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Acrobat and REVIT a
- Experience in designing electrical systems including lighting, power distribution, motor control and similar systems; experience in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, semiconductor manufacturing or related industries a plus.
- General knowledge of the National Electrical Codes and applicable standards necessary; familiarity with electrically classified environments a plus.
- Creativity, flexibility and the ability to work with minimal supervision are desired.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, as well as 401(k) retirement and profit-sharing programs.