Minimum of 5 years
Email Resume to: HR@IESengineering.net
Read, analyze and interpret project documents, instructions, proposals, specifications and other data to obtain a clear understanding of requirements for projects within the semiconductor, pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Supervise, direct and mentor and train (if needed) associate engineers and designers during day-to-day design efforts. Perform engineering calculations and Title 24 documentation. Design HVAC, process and plumbing systems including equipment selection. Develop Basis of Design, equipment data sheets, equipment/construction specifications and sequence of operations for mechanical
systems. Responsibilities also include coordinating system design to ensure continuity with other
disciplines. Act as project manager as needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- B.S degree in Mechanical Engineering
- P.E. license in the state of California, or the ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months of
employment if licensed outside of California.
- United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work effectively on multiple projects with mechanical, process and electrical engineers in order to support industrial facility design efforts.
- Perform duties using sound judgment and solid engineering principles.
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with clients, vendors, and colleagues.
- Possess strong computer skills utilizing MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project; experience with Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD and/or REVIT a plus.
- 5 years of Experience in designing wet and dry HVAC Systems, central utility plants, including chilled and condenser water systems, hot water and steam systems and cleanroom systems for the pharmaceutical, semiconductor, petroleum and related industries.
- Professional knowledge of the International Mechanical and Plumbing Codes, as well as a
working knowledge of International Building and Fire Codes.
- Creativity, and the ability to work with minimal supervision are desired.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, as well as 401(k) retirement and profit sharing programs.