IES designed two separate buildings for cannabis extraction, growth, cultivation, packaging and processing located in San Francisco, CA.
Purple Star Cannabis Facilities
Client: Purple Star
Location: San Francisco, California
Project Duration: Design & Permit: 4 months Construction: 3 months
Building 1—Completed in 2017
- Handled the Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) design and permitting for a 15,000 sf cannabis extract facility.
- Design included Propane, CO2, and ethanol extraction processes and supporting warehouse and utility support spaces.
- Third party inspection of extraction equipment from on-staff Chemical Engineer (who was not a part of the design/permit team)
- Partnership with HPM Systems, a subsidiary of IES, who designed and installed appropriate gas life safety system.
- Consultant for Hazardous Material regulations and requirements for occupancy classification and permit documentation
- Handled the Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) design and permitting for a 12,000 sf cannabis growing facility.
- Design included 4 cultivation rooms with multi-level grow systems and supporting research, packaging and utility rooms.
- Mechanical/Plumbing design included Variable Refrigerant Flow HVAC system, exhaust and odor control system, CO2 injection system, CO2 extraction system, water treatment for irrigation, water recycling systems, and lighting and power devices and controls.